Yersin Guillen Rivas was born in Cienfuegos, Cuba into a family with strong afrocuban roots and was brought up with a passion for music.
As a member of the renowned Casa de la Cultura and Hotel Jagua shows, Yersin performed in theatres and stages across Cuba, and after arriving in the UK he quickly became a hit on the local and international salsa scene.
As one of the most sought-after instructors for Cuban Salsa – Yersin has taught and performed at many clubs, festivals and congresses including:
- The Latin Splash Festival
- Cuban Salsa Congresses (Wales, Swansea, London and Bournemouth)
- Festival Dias Cubanos (Holland)
- Afro Cuban Pati Weekender
- Pontins Weekender
- Salsa Feel The Heat Weekender
- Teeside Festival
- Mambo City Congress
- Scottish Salsa Congress
- Eagle Tours (Barcelona,Malaga and Majorca,Spain)
- Salsa Caramba (Sweden)
- Latin Angels (Toulouse, France)
- Dance-Cubana Lloyd
- Bar Salsa
- Brighton Cuban Festival
- … and Chilli con Salsa
Yersin also featured on a South American tour taking his talent to countries such as Chile, Venezuela, Ecuador and Brasil where he gave a series of workshops and master classes.