|Venue : Kommunityncl Bar ( Old Tuxedo Club ) NE1 6BH Newcastle upon Tyne
For the Afternoon workshops
For the Party
Welcome to the Hola Cuba All Dayer, an event exclusively tailored to take your dancing skills to the next level while you enjoy a fun packed 4 hours of intensive dancing during the afternoon. We are the number 1 providers in the North East so brace yourself to be entertained and to genuinely learn about Cuban culture and dance with our Guests and the Hola Cuba Team. This workshops will be taught by our professional Hola Cuba team and our special guests.
We are welcoming back Maestros Miguel Gonzalez and Yersin Rivas both professional Cuban dancers with vast experience dancing at some of the best Cuban Dance companies and around the main Festivals in the U.K and Europe
We will be very lucky to have them in Newcastle so don’t miss the workshops during the afternoon and the evening. Once the workshops are done we are moving on to the evening which will host the biggest party to date, why? because we believe our students deserve it!!! We will kick off the night with Dominican Bachata class with Special guest teacher Yersin Rivas followed by a Salsa class with our special guest Miguel Gonzalez, then we will have the best djs playing the hottest Salsa, Bachata and a bit of Kizomba tunes for you all night. From 1am onwards we have decided to light up the night with some Latin tunes too!!! Plenty of animations and entertainment with our guests teachers and the Hola Cuba team.
*** WORKSHOPS TIMETABLE ***
12:30pm – 1:20pm : Master Rueda de Casino with Yersin – INTERMEDIATE / ADVANCED
1:30pm – 2:20pm : ORISHA – CHANGO ( All ) with Miguel and Yersin
2:30pm – 3:20pm : Traditional Son with Yersin and Amanda
3:30pm – 4:20pm : Rumba Guaguanco ( ALL ) MIGUEL AND YERSIN
CLOSING WORKSHOPS IN CARNAVAL SPIRIT WITH CUBAN CONGA ANIMATION!!!!!
Please note we will be offering classes from beginners to advanced levels so ask us about what class is best for you if you are not sure.
* Rueda de Casino :Rueda de Casino is a particular type of Salsa round dance born from “Casino”. The origins of the name Casino are the Casinos deportivos, the dance halls where a lot of social dancing was done among the affluent, white Cubans during the mid-20th century and onward. Casino danced with multiple partners in a circular fashion emerged in 1956 under the name “Rueda del Casino,” and has become a popular dance throughout the world. Rueda de Casino has a voice leader who will call the upcoming moves and as a result everyone involved will execute this moves at the same time improving massively the timing skills of the dancers involved. It is a fun packed and the most sociable class. Styling tips for men and women, improving body transfer, positioning and leading are part of this great class.
* ORISHAS ( SHANGO ) : There is no doubt that learning Afrocuban dances will improve massively your upper body movement and balance on the dance floor. Get ready to be mesmerised while you immerse yourself into the Orishas world. You will be introduced to the Orisha Shango whose power is imaged by thunder and lightning and the dancing is very powerful. This class also have elements which can be applied to your social salsa dancing. Musicality and body isolation are part of this useful class.
* Traditional Son : Traditional Son is the first class of the day. This amazing class will teach you the roots of what we called Salsa today in terms of musicality, understanding of La Clave and several stylish poses while you dance. Traditional Son is beautiful to watch, very elegant and full of tricks. It will help you to improve your posture and frame, to lead better or position yourself better and much more. Without a doubt a MUST DO class!
* Rumba Guaguanco : Last class of the Day and surely you will enjoy the energy and fun this class has to offer. Men Please bring a handkerchief and ladies bring a long skirt or a scarf. These items will be essential for the class. Guaguanco is part of Cuban Rumba and it involve a flirty game between men and women while they dance. This class will improve your body transfer, balance, styling and above all the importance of understanding of La clave as part of your musicality.
8pm : Doors open
PARTY TILL 2AM
ALL DAY PASS : £ 25
2 WORKSHOPS : £15
4 WORKSHOPS : £20
PARTY £10 / £6 AFTER 1AM
* The ALL DAY PASS include all workshops and entry to the evening party. the rest of the offers will be sold separately. We also have discount for students so please get in touch with us to receive information regarding the event.
* You can pay at the door on arrival. Only Cash please. Gracias.
TRAVELLING TO NEWCASTLE?
– HOTELS LINK
HOW ABOUT TREATING YOURSELF TO A DAY IN THE TOON! NEWCASTLE IS A VIBRANT AND AMAZING CITY WITH PLENTY TO OFFER. KOMMUNITY NCL IS OUR VENUE AND IS LOCATED IN THE HEART OF NEWCASTLE CITY CENTRE WITH PLENTY OF HOTELS AROUND. VISIT THIS LINK AND BOOK BOOK YOUR ROOM IN ADVANCED.
– BY CAR
WE HAVE PLENTY OF PARKING AROUND THE VENUE AND A HUGE NCP CAR PARK JUST AROUND THE CORNER FROM THE VENUE.
– BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT
A FEW BUSSES STOP EITHER AROUND THE CORNER FROM THE VENUE OR JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES AWAY SUCH AS BUSES ( 22, 1, 40, and others)
THE CLOSEST METRO STATION IS MONUMENT WHICH IS AROUND 5 MINUTES WALK FROM THE VENUE.
Posted in Uncategorised.